A new independent Oil Exploration and Production company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Upstream Oil & Gas operations
- Represent the company and negotiate with Joint ventures/co-ventures and government authorities and its upstream asset development.
- Drafting, vetting and confirmation of all contracts and all legal matters on behalf of the company.
- Drafting / preparation and reviewing of various types of agreement such as drilling rigs agreement, and various specialized services for exploration and production activities, bank credit facility agreement etc.
- Representation and participation in contractual meetings with third parties.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on employment agreement between the company and employees.
- Provide commercial contract management & contract drafting of award strategies.
- Provision of legal briefs on litigation matters as at when necessary.
- Representation of company with appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Providing secretarial / legal support services at Board and management meetings.
- Review of all proposals from contractors and subcontractors.
- Drafting of MOU/MOA on behalf of the company.
- Monitoring compliance with statutory obligations and service codes.
- Liaising with representatives of host communities at company’s field locations.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Maintain current knowledge and changes In petroleum laws and regulations.