Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Consumer Finance
Reports To: Finance Manager
Career Level: Grade 8
About the Role
- Paga is looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Senior Accountant to join our team!
- As the Senior Accountant, you will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information.
- You must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like SAP and Oracle).
- The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, prepare management accounts and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience is required.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Supervise month end financial activities. Assign and enforce deadlines for all stages of the closing process. Assist and contribute to the yearend closure process
- Fixed assets management and accounting
- Inventory control and accounting; to include daily analysis to predict potential challenges with the aim of reducing obsolete stock
- Supervise the delivery of internal and external audit
- Take ownership of the application and accounting of prepayment and accrual transactions
- Responsible for managing payroll journals at month end
- Assist the Finance Manager in managing and accounting for the company’s investment portfolios
- Ensuring tax compliance and prompt remittance
- Loans and grants management from point of acquisition to final repayment
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management report for review by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Comply with International Financial Reporting Standard for financial statements
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Produce error-free ad-hoc accounting reports and present their results to supervisor and management.