Business Operations Manager
Alfred & Victoria Associates
Candidates should possess relevant qualifications
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role holder is responsible for product ownership, operations and business development of the International Transfers and Remittances business.
- Undertake business execution, operations and engagements with all local and foreign Partners and Financial Institutions for International Transfers and remittances, including the implementation of strategies for growth and sustainability of customer service delivery.
- Drive business operations, engagement and implementation with partners and develop strategic partnerships for International Transfers and remittances.
- Identifying viable business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies.
- Manage International Transfer and Remittance products portfolio.
- Understand the competitive environment and recommend plans to meet overall business objectives and optimize risk and return in Cross Border (International) Transfers and Remittance Business.
- Generate new business opportunities by performing market research to identify customer needs/trends and opportunities.
- Recommending upgrades when necessary.
- Direct the executive team on the best processes to attain set goals on a day-to-day operation.
- To continually assess the performance of the current products range, the regulatory landscape and external market trends and competitor developments to ensure the customer proposition as effective as possible.
- To prepare sustainable recommendations across the products including innovations, improvements, and changes.
- Assess market competition leveraging Industry data to competitors' products across offerings, process, and customer experience and portfolio quality.
- Negotiation of commercials for both International Transfers and remittances with Partners to support the goal of optimizing profit for the Business.
- Ensure the International Transfer and Remittance business process implementation are aligned to the Business strategy/ plan, Business Logic, objectives and desired customer & employee experience, and contribute to increasing market share, customer retention, and product & customer profitability.
- To develop effective and collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders and colleagues.
- The ultimate success of the International Transfer business as well as remittances and related efforts.
Requirements and Skills:
- Master's of Business Administration in Banking, Finance, Management or Business Administration
- Certified Global Money Transfer Professional, Certified International Payment Systems Professional or any related certification(s) is/are an added advantage
- Knowledge of SQL databases would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of laws, government and policies relating to the remittance sector
- A good awareness of the local and relevant regional anti-money laundering acts/draft legislation
- 10 years’ professional experience with at least 4 years in Remittances, cross border transfers/ payments, product’s responsibilities operations and business development, and 2 years at managerial/supervision role.
- Proven background in building and managing high performance teams.
- Exceptional knowledge of current account payment processes and products strategy experience and analytics.
- Extremely customer-focused, continuously in touch with the network, to stay informed of market and industry developments.
- Proven track record and proficiency in the retail payments sector, either in a front line or back-office environment, including the technology, local and international regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Experience of complex project and working effectively across functions, while managing stakeholders and governance requirements.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise presentation, papers, business cases.
- Numerate with analytical capabilities and experience of monitoring and tracking budgets/targets/financial performance and working data Proficient in all standard business application.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong problem solver and
- Ability to make effective decisions
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, using insights to further build direction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Industry knowledge
- Passion for technology
- Excellence in execution
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Relationship Management
- Global understanding of financial services
Application closing date: